"Your Vision Our Experience"
Last Updated: January 1, 2015
1. Overview. Federal law requires financial companies to tell you how your personal information is collected, shared and protected. Federal law also allows you to limit some sharing, but not all. Because Government Portfolio Advisors (“we,” “us,” or “GPA”) only works with institutional clients, we have limited access to personal information. However, the information we do have access to can include an entity’s tax identification number, records of account transactions, account balances, investments made and assets held. Below is a description of circumstances in which information may be shared.
3. Information Collected. GPA collects nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on your application and other forms when you open an account and provide us with contact information.
• Information about your transactions with us or certain other parties, including when you direct us to purchase or sell assets on behalf of the account you have with us.
• Any other information you communicate to us.
We also use automatic collection technologies, which may include cookies, flash cookies and web beacons.
4. Use of Information. We use public and non-public information about you to process transactions, maintain your accounts, and may also use your information to provide you with references. In addition, we may use any information we have about you to in order to comply with a court order or legal investigation. We may use and share certain information about you that we collect in connection with the administration and execution of the services we will provide for you, including by sharing certain information with third parties who provide services to us. In case we are merged with another entity or GPA or some of its assets are acquired, your information may be one of the assets transferred, and we may share certain information in connection with due diligence by a prospective investor or purchaser. Other than the foregoing, we do not sell, trade or otherwise share your information without your consent.
5. Communications with You. From time to time, we may use your email information to send email messages to you regarding your account, to respond to any communications you send to us, or to advise you of any problems with this website. In addition, we may use a bulk email service to send messages with information about services and events that we believe you may be interested in. You may opt out of receiving future communications from this website by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Links to Other Websites. When you visit this website, you may have the opportunity to access or link to third party websites. Those websites are beyond our control, and may not have privacy policies or security protections, or their privacy policies or security protections may not be as protective of your personal information as our policies and protections. Those other websites may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit information. We recommend that you review and understand the privacy policies of the websites you visit, whether you visit those websites directly or through a link from a page on this website.
7. Security Measures. In order to protect your information from unauthorized use, we use certain security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We restrict access to your information to employees, consultants and other third parties who have a need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you, and have adopted internal policies and controls which require our employees to protect the confidentiality of information.
8. Affiliate Companies. We are a privately owned company with no affiliates. If you receive something from a person claiming to be an affiliate of GPA, please contact us immediately.